Tuesday 24 January 2012

Goats Cheese Salad

Another recipe out of my Weightwatchers cookbook and a very tasty one too. I love goats cheese, it has been my favourite cheese since I was small and I had never got around to making goats cheese salad! I did change the recipe slightly, I used sourdough bread instead of french bread and I added samphire and tomatoes to the salad. I also made a different vinaigrette, I can't see the point in putting sugar in a vinaigrette so changed that for mustard, which is surely healthier? I loved the green beans in the salad so I must remember to do add them in more often!

However, I would advise following the recipe and baking the bread and goats cheese rather than grilling it. As you can see I managed to burn my bread within a matter of seconds!



Goat's Cheese Salad (from Weightwatchers Book of Recipes)
(Serves 4)
(7 WW ProPoints per serving)

150g French stick, cut into 1 inch slices
low fat cooking spray
150g goat's cheese, sliced thinly
225g fine green beans
2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
150g baby spinach leaves, rinsed
black pepper

For the dressing
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp sesame oil

Preheat the oven to 190C. Spray each slice of french stick with a little cooking spray and bake in the oven for 5 mins.

Top the bread with the goat's cheese slices and return to the oven for 5 mins, until the cheese begins to melt.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 2 mins. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Toss them together with the lettuce and spinach.

Mix together the dressing ingredients and drizzle this over the salad. Toss everything thoroughly and then divide the salad between four plates. Top the salad with the goat's cheese toasts and a generous grinding of black pepper.

To add a little colour you could add 225g halved cherry tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment