Sunday 11 September 2011

Healthy Coleslaw

My mum gave me some kohlrabi and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I tried it steamed and it was really nice but I wondered if it would make a good addition to coleslaw and it worked. This is a much healthier version of coleslaw as it has yoghurt in it as well as the mayonnaise and it is still really really tasty.

For this simple supper I had the coleslaw, cherry tomato and samphire salad, tortelloni and home made tomato sauce. It was really good.



Healthy Coleslaw (adapted from Good Food Magazine August 2007)
(Serves 6)

6 tbsp plain yoghurt
½ tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 kohlrabi
1 small apple
2 carrots
1⁄2 onion

Mix the yogurt, mustard and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Then grate the kohlrabi, apple and carrots. Either grate the onion or chop as finely as you can. Tip all of the vegetables into the bowl and stir through the dressing.

Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment